Professional project-based learning programme for civil engineering students (B.Tech)
Scope and Objectives
The learning programme aims at
- To provide industrial/professional training in practical structural engineering.
- The programme encompasses industrial design exposure, industry required software design-skill building, sector-specific training, allied and group activities, regular assessments, construction site training, live (real) structural design training.
- To provide project and application-based realistic learning.
To ensure value building and inclusive growth of students.
|Eligibility Criteria||B.Tech (Civil Engineering)|
|Duration of Project||Training duration: 144 hours|
|Programme start date||22nd of March 2020 (Orientation)|
|Fees||INR 13,500 for Programme A, Batch strength: max 25-30 students|
|Enrolment||First-come, first-served basis- contact via phone or email|
|Training Venue||Dehradun (Exact venue will be announced later)|
|Programme A (ITCE/2020/A)||Programme B (ITCE/2020/B)|
|Programme “A” comprised of |
– training in technical competence in the areas of structural analysis and design to equip students for the necessary technical background required for industrial design.
– In the next part, student will get training in practical structural design and by working on realistic projects.
– Most suitable for students who need to enhance their basic technical knowledge along with practical structural engineering.
|Programme “B” comprised of|
– in programme “B”, students will get training in practical structural design and by working on realistic projects. We expect student will have necessary technical competence
|Structural Design Focus||Software’s Included|
|– Steel Design (PEB, Industrial Structures)|
– Reinforced concrete design (Residential, Commercial)
– Software and manual design
– Commercial Structural Detailing
|– Industrial StaadPro|
*in programme B, there will not be any sessions on technical competence, and students will directly start working on live-projects (after basic training). It is expected that students who will enrol in programme B will have the necessary theoretical background.
Note that: the complete programme structure can be downloaded from here.